AAAC Student Social Media Intern- Student Hourly or Work Study - 11870BR
AAAC Student Social Media Intern- Student Hourly or Work Study
- Develop student engagement strategies for multiple social media channels as well as develop appropriate metrics to solidify best practices for driving community engagement
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns to promote AAAC services
- Enhance the AAAC brand through various marketing initiatives
- Maintain and create day-to-day content for departmental social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Help with administration and production of departmental events
- Participate in a brand repositioning campaign for the AAAC
- Communicate with Tutors, SI Leaders, and additional student staff directly
- Write content for the website
- Prior experience with social media platforms as demonstrated in application materials.
- Proven written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session. Student hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students.
- Knowledge of basic public relations and marketing principles
- A creative and innovative thinker with the ability to understand the role of social networking and create content in the appropriate voice for the organization
- Strong understanding of, and affinity for, social media with the ability to efficiently research trends and best practices
- Some experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- A self-disciplined, self-starter, and proficient in time management
- A positive attitude and a history of a strong work ethic
- Be able to work hard but keep it fun
- Be able to successfully and simultaneously manage many tasks of a broad variety in a timely and efficient manner
- Photography background
Additional Candidate Instructions
Online application, a resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample or a social media portfolio.
5MB file limitation on uploaded attachments.
To ensure consideration submit application by 11:59 pm on June 1, 2018.