Academic Advisor 1 - 11905BR
Academic Advisor 1
The person in this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with Board of Regents and University policies regarding daily job-related activities applicable to the position.
This position is contingent on grant funding.
- Advise students on the development and selection of course schedules consistent with students' educational goals.
- Assist deciding students in developing appropriate educational goals and successfully choosing an academic major consistent with students' educational goals.
- Assist students with completion of financial aid appeals, probation agreements, graduation plans, etc.
- Provide outreach to students as needed in addition to providing appropriate follow-up and referral to University offices and resources.
- Provide advisement to all students as necessary including those that may not be assigned to the advisor.
- Provide academic advising for new freshmen, transfer, and readmitted students during New Student Orientation sessions.
- Serve as a liaison to a specific department, college or school and share resources and knowledge with other UAC staff.
- Assume other duties as assigned which may include:
- Taking on special projects, serving on or leading committees, or fulfill a specific role of program responsibilities based upon the strengths and interests of the advisor and the needs of the office.
- Deliver programs that help students explore course enrollment, major, and/or career choices as well as other topics related to academic success.
- Teach a section of UNIV 101, PRE 210, LA&S 292, or other courses related to academic success as opportunity and demand allows.
2. Minimum one year experience in academic advising or career counseling for undergraduate students.
3. Diverse professional and/or academic experience with institutions of higher learning as demonstrated by application materials.
4. Minimum six (6) months experience with university-wide academic program requirements and university procedures as evidenced by work experience.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of academic issues of undergraduate students.
6. Demonstrated experience with relevant computerized student information and communication systems.
7. Demonstrated strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Monday, May 28, 2018.