Academic Advisor - Part Time - 11971BR
Academic Advisor - Part Time
The person in this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with Board of Regents and University policies regarding daily job-related activities applicable to the position.
- Advise students on the development and selection of course schedules consistent with students' educational goals.
- Assist deciding students in developing appropriate educational goals and successfully choosing an academic major consistent with students' educational goals.
- Assist students with completion of financial aid appeals, probation agreements, graduation plans, etc.
- Provide outreach to students as needed in addition to providing appropriate follow-up and referral to University offices and resources.
- Provide advisement to all students as necessary including those that may not be assigned to the advisor.
- Provide academic advising for new freshmen, transfer, and readmitted students during New Student Orientation sessions.
- Serve as a liaison to a specific department, college or school and share resources and knowledge with other UAC staff.
- Assume other duties as assigned which may include:
- Taking on special projects, serving on or leading committees, or fulfill a specific role of program responsibilities based upon the strengths and interests of the advisor and the needs of the office.
- Deliver programs that help students explore course enrollment, major, and/or career choices as well as other topics related to academic success.
- Bachelor's degree with three years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with one year of experience in academic advising, career counseling, student services, teaching, or a closely related field. [Degree requirements must be completed by time of appointment.]
- Master's degree in higher education, counseling, or related field.
- Minimum one year experience in academic advising or career counseling for undergraduate students.
- Diverse professional and/or academic experience with institutions of higher learning as demonstrated by application materials.
- Minimum six (6) months experience with university-wide academic program requirements and university procedures as evidenced by work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic issues of undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant computerized student information and communication systems.
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Sunday, June 3, 2018.