Accounting Specialist-Exception Handler - 10896BR
Accounting Specialist-Exception Handler
40% - Professional accounting work which requires the audit of interdepartmental transactions, payment invoices, procurement card transactions, and travel reimbursements, using an online University financial system with scanned images.
The audit includes the use of the correct accounting information including appropriate classification of the expenditure as evidenced by the account code. Evaluate the appropriateness of the purchase for compliance with state accounting requirements/regulations and adherence to purchasing policies and guidelines, including the use of state and/or university mandated contract vendor items and Purchasing Requests for items requiring special authorizations.
This position will be responsible for reviewing and processing nonresident alien payments. This includes understanding withholding and reporting requirements.
Responsible for ensuring final approvals on all payments are accurate and correct, and based on 100% full delegate authority granted to the University by KS Dept. of Administration. The audit process is characterizes as analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and must be accomplished within established time-constraints with extreme accuracy.
30% - Maintain and process all transactions related to Student Organization Financial System (SOFAS).
10% - Work as an AP liaison to campus Shared Service Centers and university departments. Provide guidance and training, as needed and required, regarding compliance with state accounting requirements/regulations and adherence to purchasing policies and guidelines.
Maintain a good rapport with all Shared Service Centers using email, phone, and departmental visits as required.
Respond to questions and assists in problem solving resolution through research and the use of queries.
Other duties as requested or assigned.
Relevant experience to include experience in the following:
- Professional accounting/auditing work in an automated system.
- Experience with MS Office software as evidenced by application materials.
3. High attention to detail and ability to maintain a consistently high accuracy rate as evidenced by application materials.
2. Ability to analyze, detect & reconcile discrepancies.
3. Experience processing nonresident alien payments
4. Ability to interpret, explain & apply purchasing contracts.
5. Must possess excellent customer service skills and work with limited supervision.