Administrative Associate - School of Business - 11966BR
Administrative Associate - School of Business
50% Administrative Support. Provide administrative support to Area Director(s) and Faculty. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Monitors workflow within the office in the designated area(s) and ensures that the tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Provides clerical support for the faculty, lecturers and doctoral students, as authorized by the Area Director(s), including hiring of student employees.
• Maintains daily correspondence, ensuring that income and outgoing documents are properly processed and filed.
• Maintains electronic and/or paper filing systems, data bases and record keeping.
• May arrange appointments and maintain calendars for Area Director(s).
• Screens inquiries and directs issues/questions to the appropriate Area Director(s), as necessary.
• Coordinates new faculty recruiting process for area including candidate application materials, interview schedules and travel arrangements. Facilitates Course & Instructor Evaluations each semester.
20% Financial Transactional Support. Provide oversight of financial transactions and budget reporting, including but not limited to:
• Initiates accounts payable process for financial transactions and travel reimbursements.
• Reconciles problems to ensure timely payment.
• Reviews and reconciles area budget reports utilizing Excel and/or an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
• Assists the Director(s) in management of financial records and budgets for the area, individual faculty, and other academic needs including PDA and GRF accounts.
• Maintains databases and processes for budgeting and donor accounting.
20% Constituent Relations. Coordinates and supports the relationships with constituents including advisory councils, donors, visiting scholars, corporate recruiters, other School of Business staff, students and alumni. Duties may include:
• Assists in the organization of advisory council meetings and area special projects/speakers.
• Maintains database of donor and alumni contact information. Receives and acknowledges donor gifts.
• Assists the Communications Department with the preparation and distribution of area-specific marketing materials.
• Reviews local and regional news publications for alumni career notices and initiates congratulatory correspondence.
• Coordinates schedules for visiting scholars in arranging lodging and travel; schedules meetings and dinners and sends acknowledgements.
• In coordination with Career Services staff, arranges lunches with corporate recruiters and area faculty.
10% Office Management, Student Supervision and Miscellaneous. Responsible for ensuring smooth office functions and participating as a valued team member of the School of Business staff.
• May recruit, supervise and train student assistants.
• Assigns, reviews and evaluates the work flow of the office.
• Responsible for the procurement of supplies and maintenance of inventory records for the Areas.
• Reviews and recommends technological and procedural changes to ensure compliance with policy and improve work processes.
• May participate in special projects and/or on special committees within the School.
Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency, plus two years of office experience; or two years of post-secondary education.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience providing customer service, accounting, auditing and/or administrative support, as indicated on application materials. Professional experience may be concurrent with educational experience requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as demonstrated on application materials.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of KU, state regulations or similar university structure.
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by cover letter.
- Past work experience demonstrating the ability to multi-task or work for multiple supervisors, as evidenced by work history.
- Experience organizing tasks, people, projects or other highly skilled administrative tasks.
Additional Candidate Instructions
1) on-line application;
2) current resume;
3) a cover letter;
4) complete contact information for three professional references.
To have your application considered for review, please apply by May 28, 2018.
Estimated start date is June 18, 2018.