Administrative Associate Sr - 12294BR
Administrative Associate Sr
The Administrative Associate Sr. is part of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research team providing high-level assistance to the senior leadership and working closely with program associates to track workflow in and out of the office. The Administrative Associate Sr. is responsible for the calendars of senior leadership including setting appointments, screening phone calls, scheduling meetings, travel and event planning. Other duties include projects such as website content maintenance and HR-related tasks such as research promotion and tenure, affiliate status, PI status, and sabbatical leave.
- Coordinates the calendars and schedules for the senior leadership in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. Uses discretion to prioritize requests made including meeting requests, scheduled appointments and communications.
- Plans travel itineraries, submits travel authorizations, reconciles travel expenditures, prepares and submits travel expenditure reports in accordance with university policy.
- Prepares, edits and finalizes correspondence and other documentation. Works independently to follow-up on outstanding items to ensure confidentiality and timely completion.
- Maintains a shared organizational system for data management and record retention related to the activities of the Office of Research.
- Provides administrative support to Associate Vice Chancellors and other senior leadership as assigned in annual and ad hoc project assignments, including but not limited to: national searches for executive staff; annual and five-year reviews of research centers, directors and staff; promotion and progress toward tenure review; national faculty research award nominations, and sabbatical leave.
- Reviews requests related to PI Status, overload payments, Invention Assignment Agreements, and faculty consulting requests. Interprets related policies and procedures and communicates them to others. Manages workflow and recordkeeping as well as coordinates for final review and approval.
- Coordinates the receipt, processing, recordkeeping, and outcome reporting for the New Faculty General Research Fund and other award programs, such as the Strategic Initiative Grant award programs. Serves as contact for NFGRF proposers and awardees. Updates forms and awardee guidelines.
- Maintains Office of Research policy library on behalf of Associate Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Provides support and back up to Executive Associate for the Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Coordinates and plans events on behalf of the Office of Research senior leadership, research constituents, and various committees. Monitors event timelines and ensures all aspects of the event are planned and costs are authorized.
- Assists with the facilitation of annual award programs such as the Higuchi Awards and Steven F. Warren Research Achievement Award program. Coordinates the annual call for nominees, ensures confidential receipt and review of recommendations, provides documentation overview, facilitates the committee’s selection process, and plans the award events.
- Works independently to handle projects that impact the organization by collaborating with internal and external entities on behalf of the Office of Research
- Coordinates with various constituents and committees to ensure proper meeting attendance, preparation of materials and to meet various internal timelines/deadlines.
- Assisting with duties of other support staff in the Office of Research in the event of illness, extended absence or other circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree or HS diploma and/or GED and four years of related administrative professional experience.
- Experience working in an environment requiring strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong multitasking skills as evidence by prior work experience or references.
- Excellent attention to detail as evidenced by application materials, prior work experience, or references.
- Familiarity with KU policies and online systems.
- Experience in coordinating seminars, conferences, and award programs.
- Experience in supporting a senior executive.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Monday, July 23, 2018.