Administrative Associate - 17557BR
- Assist team leaders with calendar management, meeting schedules, and short- and intermediate-term planning for team deliverables.
- Provide support for staff travel, including creating itineraries, making travel arrangements, preparing travel authorizations and reimbursements, and managing paperwork in accordance with university requirements.
- Reconcile credit cards and process receipts.
- Track travel expenses or other budget line items including verifying payment status, as needed.
- Create supporting documentation and prepare materials for special events.
- Support the administration of the department, including identifying needs and developing procedures, forms, reports, and filing systems.
- Serve as liaison to AAI desktop support staff and provide first-tier technical support for Center staff.
- Maintain office supply inventory from ordering to stocking, including support for special projects.
- Coordinate work orders, repairs, and deliveries.
- Compose correspondence, distribute mail, monitor various email accounts, and screen phone calls.
- Schedule meeting rooms.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain systems and procedures for the efficient operation of assigned area including recommendations for procedural changes affecting staff.
- Work closely with the Business Manager to support Center invoicing, vendor contracts, and space management.
5% - Coordinate HR activities, including scheduling and hosting candidates, completing center-level onboarding and off-boarding steps, and maintaining center organization charts and contact lists.
5% - Supervise student employees and temporary employees in completing routine clerical and operational tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
- Two or more years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- One year experience supporting senior staff.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Three or more years of relevant full-time experience.
- Experience successfully prioritizing multiple, detail-oriented projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to successfully complete projects, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, cross-functional teams, and external customers.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and respond to changes in work priorities and processes as evidenced from prior work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail in written work as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience with software commonly used at KU software including Oracle Analytics Cloud, FITC, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Zoom, BrassRing, Egencia.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins August 17, 2020 and continues until the position is filled. To ensure first consideration, please apply by the application review date.