Admissions Representative - 11483BR
The Office of Admissions is responsible for domestic undergraduate admissions for both freshman and transfer students. The Office of Admissions coordinates the overall recruitment strategy for KU including travel, on and off campus events, prospect data entry, application processing, transfer credit evaluation, and communications.
This position serves as a member of the Admissions Team and assists in developing a prospective student pool and cultivating relationships among prospective students and related stakeholders in assigned recruitment territories in order to influence enrollment goals for the University of Kansas. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Freshmen Recruitment.
Duties include communicating daily and building relationships with prospective students and families and high school and community college counselors, managing selected correspondence, planning and executing on- and off-campus programs, and managing a travel schedule. Admissions representatives are responsible for evaluating and interpreting actionable student-level and market-oriented data to assist the Office of Admissions in determining effective outreach strategies, with the goal of subsequently elevating KU’s market position and market profile in assigned geographic territories. Extensive travel is required within the representative’s recruitment territories. Some evening and weekend work is required. Personal KU experience and general knowledge of the university are required.
- Identify qualified prospective student leads and cultivate relationships with students to influence enrollment of qualified leads from initial interest/inquiry stage through enrollment.
- Recognize prospective student affinity levels and determine communication delivery, timing and content in order to maximize communication effectiveness and influence enrollment behavior
- Track and monitor individual student funnel stages and overall funnel performance in order to inform and adjust recruitment strategies and tactics in response to funnel performance.
- Develop recruitment strategy for assigned territory, including reviewing and analyzing student and market data to determine schools, fairs, and events to attend/visit.
- Responsible for daily and weekly reporting and knowledge of territory data to help determine the effectiveness of recruitment strategies in the specified territory and/or determine need for additional efforts. Initiates, plans, and executes special projects in conjunction with territory goals and objectives.
- Increase enrollment conversion of prospective students by building and maintaining relationships with prospective students and their families. Serves as University liaison to high school counselors in assigned territories. Schedules visits to high schools, coordinates pre-visit calls and correspondence, makes travel arrangements, conducts visits, and follows up with students, faculty, and staff contacted during visits via varied communication channels.
- Manages recruitment budget.
- Analyzes applicant and prospect/inquiry credentials to determine admission and scholarship eligibility of students in territory; provides special counseling regarding selection policies and procedures by investigating and resolving individual questions or concerns.
- Assists in evaluating and determining program effectiveness in prospective student conversion within assigned recruitment region. Assesses program and event outcomes, and develops improved programming to assist in achieving enrollment goals.
25% Staffing and Organizing On-and-Off Campus Recruitment Events
- Provides presentations in a central public speaking role to small and large (300+) groups of prospective students, families and community stakeholders; communicates KU’s competitive advantage to campus visitors and other parties in off-campus venues.
- Provides individual and group tours of campus, along with in-person advising for prospective students and their families, along with friends of the university
- Plans, organizes and hosts targeted recruitment events in assigned Kansas and out-of-state markets; coordinating and hosting with university students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Provides experience-driven and research-based consultation for university recruitment strategies on topics including, but not limited to, targeted advertising, prospect lead development, marketing publications, and admissions presentations.
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Assistant Director, Associate Director or Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required at time of appointment.
- At least 3 months presentation experience (evidenced by coursework, extra-curricular activities, or professional presentations).
- Strong written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials.
- A graduate of the University of Kansas.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one at time of appointment.
Position Requirements: This position requires the ability to travel by automobile or plane to any city or region assigned. Extensive travel and some evening and weekend work required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a wide range of professional settings.
- Ability to be a self-starter and show initiative.
- Ability to work with diverse student population, including transfer, high-ability, low-income, first generation, geographic regions, ethnic groups, middle school, high school, and non-traditional students.
- Experience in public relations, marketing, advertising or university admissions.
- Ability to effectively organize time and tasks.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
First review of applications will begin Monday, April 23, 2018 and continue until a qualified pool is assembled.