Application Developer - 10683BR
The position is located in Kansas City, Kansas in the Children’s Campus of Kansas City Building, 444 Minnesota Ave, Suite 300, Kansas City KS 66101.
- 65% - Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot web and mobile web applications based on project-specific needs under supervision while continuously seeking methods for automation, efficiency, and maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and security with respect to JGCP data and information. Collaborate with the TIDR Lab team to follow-up with requests for revisions in a timely manner.
- 25% - Develop existing and new programming skills through ongoing supervision and feedback from the lead programmer, and participating in regular code reviews and developer meetings.
- 5% - Take initiative and responsibility for understanding the software development landscape. This may include analyzing trends, emerging issues, and best practices, reading trade journals, participating in discussion groups and/or professional social media, attending conferences/workshops, and completing required training.
- 5% - Work with TIDR Lab colleagues to support the JGCP technology infrastructure. This includes troubleshooting network problems related to web resources, assisting in office hardware and software upgrades, and troubleshooting individual workstation problems as needed.
- High school/GED and 3 years related experience OR Associate’s degree with 2 years related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in field related to discipline.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with relational database management systems (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience developing applications for iOS or Android platforms.
- Links (to be provided in cover letter) to examples of a web application and/or a mobile application that the candidate contributed to, demonstrating the use of web technologies. Login credentials, if applicable, are not required but may be requested later.
- Minimum of 3 years’ web development experience
- Minimum 1 year experience developing asynchronous web applications
- Minimum 1 year experience using Ember.js
- Minimum 1 year experience building web APIs
- Minimum 1 year experience using a code version control system (e.g., Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year experience writing automated software tests (e.g. Acceptance, Integration, Unit)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience deploying and maintaining content management systems or frameworks such as Drupal, Joomla or WordPress.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing and maintaining learning management systems such as Moodle or Blackboard.
- Minimum 1 year experience of revising applications based on user feedback from direct observation usability testing and/or user surveys
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills as evidenced by application materials and work experience.
- Excellent record of productivity and performance as demonstrated in work experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin January 18, 2018 and will continue until position is filled.