Application Development Manager HR/Finance Systems - 11804BR
Application Development Manager HR/Finance Systems
The HR/Financial Manager supervises and provides technical leadership and project management for a team of developers focused on application design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the KU HCM (PeopleSoft) and Financial (Oracle Cloud) environments and related applications and technologies. This position is given considerable latitude and independence to organize and manage a diverse set of projects, personnel, and activities in a robust and evolving technical environment.
• Collecting, understanding, and document business functional requirements
• Planning and supervising activities and resources throughout the development life cycle
• Reviewing the work by the project team to ensure quality of deliverables and that they comply with relevant standards, integration and testing. Builds a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
• Collaborating and coordinating across IT departments to develop and execute the technology components required to successfully deliver projects.
• Evaluating products, tools, and other resources in support of initiatives and staff efficiency.
• Assist management in prioritizing projects, including new projects and enhancements.
2. 25% - Participates as an active developer and maintains applications independently or as a member of a small team. Reviews work/code generated by the project team to ensure quality of the deliverables and that they meet relevant standards and architecture including building a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
3. 20% - Manages a team of developers who support the Financial and Human Resources departments. Duties include performance agreements and evaluations, hiring procedures, training and necessary tools, approving time records, and disciplinary actions if necessary. Other supervisory responsibilities include:
• Delegates projects and tasks to team members
• Provides an environment and culture that encourages innovation and productivity
• Emphasizes ongoing development of staff technical and professional skills
4. 15% - Facilitates planning, analysis, and design sessions to develop project plans and estimates. Communicates frequently with the Department Manager and Program Director to facilitate planning and prioritization efforts.
5. 5% - Coordinates system changes adhering to and promoting standard practices and protocols (Change Management).
6. 5% - Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience and two years of management or equivalent.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience leading development teams and application implementation projects.
- 2 years of experience with project management methodology and software development life cycle.
- 3 years of experience working, communicating and collaborating effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- 2 years of experience managing technical staff including evaluations, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- 3 years minimum experience with each of the following:
- Application development within PeopleSoft Applications
- Web-based application development
- Development and maintenance of database focused applications
- Client relations and customer support
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM and Financial Applications
- Experience with Oracle Cloud applications ICS, MFT, ODI, HCM, Financials
- Current knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following:
- Development using an object-oriented languages
- Object-oriented programming techniques
- RDMS experiences, preferably Oracle
- Stat or other version control systems
- Middleware technologies including application servers, directory services, and authentication/authorization
- PeopleTools/ People Code
- Web Services
- Experience in information strategy planning, data modeling and process modeling.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self- motivated.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate has been selected.