Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Accounting - 15260BR
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Accounting
All areas in the field of accounting will be considered. Candidates with an interest in or a demonstrated ability to mentor doctoral students are encouraged to apply. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education. Women, minorities, and candidates who will contribute to the climate of diversity in the school, including a diversity of scholarly approaches, are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. by time of appointment.
40% - Conduct and publish research on accounting topics in leading academic journals.
20% - Engage in school, university, and professional service activities as needed.
- A Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to conduct high quality research and publish in top tier journals.
- A demonstrated record of effective teaching in area of accounting at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Appointment at a particular level will be based on an applicant's scholarly and teaching record.
For appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor:
- A PhD/DBA in accounting (must be earned by August 18, 2020).
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in accounting.
- Demonstrated excellent scholarship (or potential for excellent scholarship) as shown through publications and working papers.
For appointment at the rank of Associate Professor:
- A PhD/DBA in accounting.
- Productive record of teaching excellence in accounting.
- Demonstrated excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to an Associate Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
For appointment at the rank of Full Professor:
- A PhD/DBA in accounting.
- Established record of teaching excellence in accounting.
- Sustained record of excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to a Full Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
- Demonstrated ability to work with doctoral students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- letter of application describing experience and accomplishments,
- record of productivity in teaching, research and service as noted in CV,
- research statement and supplemental materials, (e.g., publications), and
- teaching statement and supplemental materials (e.g., teaching portfolio, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations).
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant's contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU's mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following questions at the time of application. Each response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
- Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
- In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.