Assistant Director - 11738BR
- Lead ECC development and coordination of strategic partnerships with new employers, alumni, key organizations, and other external entities; in collaboration with colleague internally and across KU.
- Initiate, promote and cultivate these prospective relationships to expand engagement opportunities, professional networks and internships/employment for students.
- Participate in conferences/events to represent KU and connect with potential partners.
- Create and share information through print, digital media, social media and other avenues with potential partners.
- Track activities, evaluate progress, and present information and stakeholders.
- Develop and expand relationships with partner organizations and alumni already connecting with KU.
- Provide support to established partners as needed or appropriate; plan and coordinate all details and logistics for partner recruiting, events, programs, and other activities.
- Co-manage the School of Engineering mentoring program and software tool; establish and increase participation on multiple levels.
- Design, collect, analyze and report data from participants.
- Educate students on the career development, planning, and implementation process.
- Design and present career-related programs, presentations, and events.
- Engage and coordinate employers/alumni in student educational programming, such as mock interviews, class presentations, and industry nights.
- Serve as primary liaison to student organizations/clubs for employers, organizations, and alumni as well as ECC programs.
- Design, collect, analyze and report date from participants.
- Oversee and coordinate with other staff to maintain accuracy of employer and alumni contacts.
- Partner with other staff on data -informed decisions and planning.
- Team up on ECC and school-wide events and initiatives.
- Collaborate within and across campus to utilize and manage technology based tools and software.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three years of relevant professional experience OR Master’s degree with minimum of one year of relevant professional experience (such as employer relations, alumni relations, business development, human resources, marketing, higher education or similar role).
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Prior job related experience establishing and building professional relationships.
- Experience and skill with project management; a high level of organization, detail, and accountability.
- Experience with learning and using new technologies and software.
- Must present valid driver’s license upon completion of hire.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience with data and trend strategic analysis.
- Track record of initiative, drive and self-directed responsibility to achieve goals.
- High level of professionalism, good judgment and diplomacy.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- An online application.
- A cover letter.
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Review of applications will begin Tuesday, May 15th. To ensure consideration, apply before this date. Applications will be accepted as long as necessary to identify a qualified pool of applicants.