Assistant Professor in Applied Geophysics - 15597BR
Assistant Professor in Applied Geophysics
The successful candidate must have appropriate work authorization by time of appointment.
Research (40%): Develop and conduct an active research program, publishing in appropriate journals. Seek and obtain external funding for the research program. Supervise undergraduate, M.S., and Ph.D. students’ research.
Service (20%): Provide service to the department, university, profession, and society.
All faculty members are expected to act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect toward students, staff, and colleagues. Faculty members are expected to meet satisfactory standards of performance in all three areas of responsibility and to carry out those responsibilities in accordance with the Faculty Code of Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.
• Demonstrated ability to establish an active externally funded research program.
• Evidence of effective communication skills.
• Research interests complementary to those of faculty of the University of Kansas Department of Geology.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A letter of application, including a Research Statement, a Teaching Statement, and a Diversity and Inclusion Statement;
- A complete CV; and
- Names and contact information of at least three individual who can be contacted for letters of reference.
- Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
- In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.