Assistant Researcher MVSC - 12383BR
Assistant Researcher MVSC
10% Routine lab management - These duties include but are not limited to the evaluation and maintenance of laboratories stocks and supplies, including ordering of supplies, management of laboratory records and laboratory documents, equipment maintenance and coordination of BL2 lab safety documents.
10% Write reports - These duties include graphing and presenting data, writing technical reports for the lab, and preparing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
10% Assist other laboratory members with experiments. These duties will include assisting other members of the laboratory under the discretion of the principal investigator or other members of the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, pharmaceutics or related fields.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience (minimum 1-year) biochemistry, biology, chemistry, biophysics, pharmaceutics or a related research areas.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials and CV.
- Master's Degree in the field of virology (preferred), biology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related field.
- 1-5 years of lab experience in the field of virology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields.
- Knowledge of virology and/or microbiology as demonstrated by appropriate laboratory experience and/or relevant coursework.
- Academic or industrial experience developing and running qPCR assays and fluorescence microscopy.
- Academic or industrial experience in physicochemical techniques including CD, fluorescence, DLS and particle characterization techniques as well as SDS-PAGE and HPLC techniques (SEC, ion-exchange).
- Experience in lab management including maintaining laboratory notebooks/data bases and calibrating analytical instrumentation
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a collaborative research effort.
- Experience using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and data analysis using various other software packages (i.e., Origin, MatLab). Must be able to use the Internet to perform scientific literature searches.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins August 27, 2018. Applications accepted until position is filled.