Assistant Researcher Senior - 11755BR
Assistant Researcher Senior
15% - Oversee research and manage demonstration gardens related to native and medicinal plants
15% - Grant and proposal preparation and writing
10% - Collaborate with supervisor, staff, PIs, and students in data management and analysis, and the preparation of publications and manuscripts
10% - Supervise students, volunteers and others in field collections, garden production and management, the process of data collection and database management, writing educational content, research garden activities, and other tasks
5% - Meet regularly with the lab director to plan work activities as well as meet with other staff, students and others to coordinate work
5% - Paperwork related to office management and other tasks
- Master’s degree in ecology, biology, botany, environmental studies or related fields, and two years botanical, land management, or horticultural experience.
- Knowledge of native and cultivated plants and can recognize them in the field.
- Knowledge of botany and demonstrated skills in plant species identification and use of dichotomous keys.
- Work experience that demonstrates comfort and skills interacting with landowners.
- Experience with database management and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), internet, email, and statistical software packages.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to work independently, manage multiple detailed projects simultaneously and be flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
Physical Requirements: The applicant needs to be, with or without accommodation, physically capable of working under strenuous field conditions, hiking to remote field sites while packing in field supplies and withstanding extreme summer heat.
- Extensive knowledge of Great Plains/Midwest or Southwest botany and ecology.
- Experience with publishing and preparation of publications
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized and work independently
- Supervisory experience
- Grant-writing experience
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Application review begins May 7, 2018 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants is found
- For best consideration apply by the review date above.