Assistant Researcher Senior - 15898BR
Assistant Researcher Senior
50% - Conduct research in protein expression and purification.
10% - Purchasing supplies and managing inventory.
10% - Keeping detailed notes and records pertaining to all research work, and writing detailed final reports for the project.
- Bachelor's degree (by time of appointment) in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, bio-engineering or a related field, and three (3) years of related experience.
- Evidence of lab training, or has experience in (1) DNA cloning and site-directed mutagenesis and (2) protein expression and purification, as evidenced in application materials.
- Strong written communication skills, as evidenced in application materials.
- Master's degree in biochemistry, bio-engineering or closely related field.
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, microbiology or closely related field plus at least half year of full-time laboratory experience in cloning and protein expression and purification.
- Experience in any or all of the following: large-scale expression and purification of protein; enzyme assays using UV or fluorescence; DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis and use of Ligation Independent Cloning; use of mammalian expression systems; use of affinity, size exclusion and ion exchange chromatography; use of SDS-PAGE electrophoresis or FPLC.
- Experience organizing data and preparing reports using standard presentation software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong oral communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review date begins November 11, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Protein Production Core Laboratory
Del Shankel Structural Biology Center
2034 Becker Drive, Room 1095
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66047
Phone: (785) 864-1825 (office); (785) 864-3406 (lab)
Fax: (785) 864-8141