Assistant Researcher - 10756BR
The Adams Institute Microfabrication Facility is currently seeking individuals with a degree in either Chemistry, Engineering or Physics who are interested in working in the field of micro- and nanofabrication.
Working in the Adams Microfabrication Facility requires completion of specific duties. Major requirements for the position include:
90% Cleanroom Work
- • Fabricating devices for facility clientele
- • Training facility users in microfabrication techniques
- • Coordinating with EHS personnel for hazardous waste removal
- • Providing light maintenance of the facility, including regular cleaning and trash removal
- • Keeping inventory of supplies and materials
- • Scientific conferences
- • Cleanroom Tours
- • Departmental meetings
- • Face-to-face interactions
5% Other duties as assigned
Must have at least a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in either chemistry, physics or engineering.
1. Have lab experience obtained by means other than course work
2. Have experience working in a clean room facility
3. Have a working knowledge of microfabrication techniques, including, but not limited to, photolithography, soft lithography, plasma technologies, and thin film deposition
4. Have experience working with AutoCAD, Inventor, or similar CAD software
5. Have experience designing or maintaining web pages, with a working knowledge of the html language and software such as Dreamweaver, and be familiar with general concepts of good web design
Additional Candidate Instructions
Applications should include all relevant work history and all education details by attaching a resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
Review of applications begins January 29, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.