Assistant Researcher - 11854BR
20% - Formulate research methods and suggests improvements for quality. May serve as part of a design team. Identifies problems and recommends and implements solutions.
10% - Generate and review experimental documentation including report generation, daily recording of experimental procedures, and results generated by the individual in laboratory notebooks, and editing and preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
5% - Maintain laboratory equipment and recordkeeping. Train other lab personnel on the proper use and care of specialized equipment, and provide general assistance to other lab personnel.
5% - Assure compliance with safety programs and other duties as assigned.
2. Experience with basic laboratory techniques and biological assays as evidenced in application materials.
3. Knowledge of common laboratory hazards including storage, use, and disposal of hazardous chemicals and microbiological material as evidenced in application materials.
4. Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment, and routine cleaning and sterilizing methods as evidenced in application materials.
2. Ability to effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory.
3. Dedication to research work and ability to be highly productive.
4. Strong troubleshooting skills in assay development as evidenced by experience.
5. Analytical computer expertise for data analysis.
6. Experience documenting and following procedures.
7. Experience utilizing safe laboratory procedures.
8. Masters degree in Microbiology or a related field.