Assistant Researcher - 12624BR
Major responsibility #1: Perform laboratory research associated with fulfillment or preparation or grants, contracts and subcontracts.
Execute supervised experiments involving, processing of immune cells, plasmid production, protein production and purification, and functional analysis of antibody molecules, and related tasks.
Major responsibility #2: Laboratory maintenance
Work with other laboratory members to maintain the cleanliness of the lab including but not limited to ordering and maintaining equipment, washing and putting away lab dishes, and other laboratory maintenance.
Major responsibility #3: Student training
Train new undergraduate students and lab members in routine laboratory practices.
Major responsibility #4: Course instruction assistance
Perform supervised assigned tasks related to course instruction in the schools of pharmacy and engineering.
- Bachelor's in chemistry, biology, engineering, or a biotechnology field.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience (minimum 1-year) biochemistry, biology, chemistry, biophysics, pharmaceutics or a related research area.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials and CV.
2. Ability to effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory.
3. Dedication to scientific work and the ability to be highly productive.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications. Review of applications begins August 23, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.