Assistant Researcher - 12859BR
This position is contingent upon funding and expected to last through 5/31/2019. No additional funding is expected after that time.
45% - Data Collection and Analysis
- Work with programs to collect reporting and outcomes data
- Assist with developing program surveys
- Assist with observation and interviews for program participants, program staff and other stakeholders
- Code qualitative data
- Perform data entry, data cleaning, and data management in preparation for analysis
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative data synthesis and analysis
- Assist with report writing
- Assist with preparing charts, tables, graphs, or written summaries of data output
45% - Program support and technical assistance
- Prepare briefs for program staff
- Draft presentations on research and data collection
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with preparing training and professional development materials
- Provide technical support around data collection
- Manage and maintain accurate program records
10%- Other duties
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in education, psychology, social work, sociology, or related field.
- Experience collecting data in the field or in a research lab as demonstrated by previous work or education experience
- Effective communication and writing skills and English proficiency as evidenced by application materials
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently as demonstrated in application materials and work experience.
- Previous experience with data entry or transcription of qualitative interviews/information as demonstrated in application materials.
- Previous experience in conducting interviews for research purposes.
- 1 year experience using statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, or SAS.
- Familiarity with using a variety of technologies (e.g., iPads, cell phones, transcription devices, online applications)
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application deadline is September 19, 2018.