Berkley Education Intern - 18384BR
Berkley Education Intern
- Assist in preparing materials for docent training, attending bi-monthly meetings, and train to give tours.
- Assist education staff in the development of museum interpretive both digital and analog.
- Assist in developing and conducting youth & family programs such as the monthly Art Cart.
- Assist with the Classroom Collection and other school outreach initiatives.
- Participate in and organize additional outreach programming.
- Attend Museum and departmental meetings.
- Other duties as specified.
- Must be a University of Kansas graduate student seeking a master's or Ph.D. degree.
- Enrolled in six credit hours of graduate coursework or at least one hour of thesis/dissertation (approval form from graduate program required).
- Strong spoken and written communication as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Demonstrated computer competency (Office, Outlook, databases, web skills).
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends and after hours if needed.
- Routinely lift storage boxes weighing 20-40 lbs with or without assistance.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Interest in object-based teaching and learning.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with museum staff.
- Specialized skills in design, desktop publishing, and/or social media.
- Interest in a museum career is taken into consideration.
- Acceptance of Federal Work Study (for eligibility please fill out a FAFSA form through the KU Financial Aid Office).
Additional Candidate Instructions
- This position is also eligible to participate in the university health insurance program. Visit http://policy.ku.edu/graduate-studies/benefits-for-GRAs-GTAs-GAs for more information.
- This position is an 11 month appointment beginning August 2021.
- Students may apply for one or more positions.
- Students who previously have held an SMA internship are also eligible to apply again for the same internships or different internship.
- Interns are also eligible for a $500 travel stipend contingent upon available funding.
- SMA interns qualify for in-state tuition and fee rates.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
As a premier international research university, the University of Kansas is committed to an open, diverse, and inclusive learning and working environment that nurtures the growth and development of all. KU holds steadfast in the belief that an array of values, interests, experiences, and intellectual and cultural viewpoints enrich learning and our workplace. The promotion of and support for a diverse and inclusive community of mutual respect requires the engagement of the entire university.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
20 hours per week, schedule to be determined by Supervisor.