Communications Coordinator - 12026BR
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
45 % Provide support for grant writing, reporting and administration.
• Assist in researching, developing, and writing grant proposals, including but not limited to Title VI grants.
• Assist director with grant reporting for active grants, including the Title VI NRC and FLAS reports.
• Collect, compile, and report enrollment, outreach, graduation, and evaluation data and other information from various University sources, including information on faculty activities and research for grant reports.
25 % Develop Center publications, marketing, and social media promotions.
• Create, coordinate, and disseminate of all Center advertisements, including event flyers and the CEAS Annual Report
• Write and disseminate weekly e-newsletters and maintain the Center’s email lists for campus and community.
• Administrate CEAS social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and content updates.
• Supervise and maintain the Center’s website. Coordinate with other KU units as needed on University-wide technical and design updates to website.
• Assist with creation and dissemination of publicity for CEAS programs, events, and East Asian courses at KU, including updating information on KU and community calendars as needed.
• Facilitate communications with other KU departments as needed to promote events.
• Prepare reimbursement requests in collaboration with the SSC and KUCR
• Assist with handling CEAS receipts and other relevant budget information in collaboration with the SSC
15% - Administrative Assistance
• Schedule for the Director as necessary
• Check, respond, and forward inquiries to appropriate sources to CEAS as fit
• Assist with Events logistics
• Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in public relations, liberal arts, communications, business, public policy, or relevant field; AND one (1) year of related professional experience
2. Prior experience in Microsoft Office programs
3. Experience producing flyers, social media posts, website advertisements, posters, videos
4. Strong communication, attention to detail, and organizational skill as evidenced by application materials
2. Experience in budget and/or financial reporting
3. Demonstrated professional knowledge of an East Asian language or culture
4. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
5. Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google+
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review date begins 6/20/18. To ensure consideration apply on, or before, the review date. Only complete applications will be considered.