Coordinator for Sexuality & Gender Diversity - 11818BR
Coordinator for Sexuality & Gender Diversity
- Coordinate, manage, maintain, and enhance educational training programs including, but not limited to, Safe Zone, LGBT 101, and lectures.
- Oversee existing LGBT programming while generating new programs and increase outreach efforts to students, staff, and faculty.
- Design and conduct campus program assessments, analyze results, and modify programs and resources based on results.
- Collaborate with other university departments and organizations including, but not limited to, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies; Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity, Delta Lambda Phi, Outlaws & Allies, Spectrum, and oSTEM.
- Create and facilitate experiential learning and training opportunities for LGBTQIA student leaders (may include retreats, workshops, lecture series).
- Develop and deliver campus-wide LGBTQIA celebratory events including, but not limited to, LGBTQIA History Month, National Coming Out Day, Transgender Awareness Month, Gaypril/Pride Month, World AIDS Day, Lavender Graduation and Pride Awards.
- Design and/or supervise the creation of promotional materials, press releases, and other publications.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to SGD Graduate Assistant (pending funding) and other student employees.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of all student employees.
- Co-Advise Spectrum, KU’s largest LGBTQIA student organization. Advise additional LGBTQIA student organizations as needed.
- Responsible for leadership and service-learning programs (e.g. leadership trainings, LGBTQ Speakers Bureau trainings, retreats with students, coordinating presentations or experiential learning activities to teach students about the responsibilities of leadership).
- Provide guidance to LGBTQIA students at KU
- Assist the Director in developing and coordinating support groups for students, staff, and faculty as needed.
- Provide resources for students, staff, and faculty as needed.
- Maintain actual Center, website and all promotional materials under supervision of the Director
- Develop, implement, and coordinate a peer educator program for the Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Maintain Safe Zone Training website, assessment and membership database.
- Coordinate and prepare marketing and media publications; marketing and media design and management with social media, print, web/email, and distribution.
- Coordinate scholarship process.
- Maintain Safe Zone and gender and sexuality listservs.
- Assist the Director in long-range planning of the Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Work closely with Director to help facilitate relationships with internal and external agencies that promote diversity efforts.
- Collaborate and develop partnerships with internal and external agencies by establishing relationships with the intention of partnership for pre-collegiate outreach, recruitment, retention, and graduation of LGBTQ students.
- Master's degree in Higher Education/Student Personnel, Social Justice Education, Counseling, Social Welfare or a related field; OR a Bachelor's degree plus three years of related experience.
- Three years of related experience to include experience in the following areas:
- Gender and sexuality diversity issues, intersectionality, and social justice based theoretical frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting programs, workshops, and/or educational materials.
- Budget management and public relations experience.
- Minimum two years of full-time experience working with college students through advising, program delivery, educational training, and resource development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge in computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of a large university is desired.
- Comfortable and well experienced with utilizing social media.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Deadline for applications is Monday, May 28, 2018.