Data Manager - 10944BR
- ingest data from field samples and laboratory experiments;
- maintain relational tables;
- secure and backup data; and
- make data accessible to project investigators.
15% - Assist in requisition and maintenance of computer hardware to support the data management system, this may include, but is not limited to troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
15% - Collaborate with and train students, staff and faculty to organize project data.
10% - Assist in maintenance of real-time data collection streaming.
10% - Travel for project meetings within Kansas (may require over-night trip) to present data management elements and assist with quality assurance of data collection.
- High school/GED and 3 years related experience OR Associate’s degree with 2 years related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in field related to discipline.
- Evidence of strong written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Previous experience working with large-scale genomics, spatial, or biogeochemical data
- Experience in software for data
- Previous experience integrating and analyzing multiple types of genomic, spatial and biogeochemical data
- Demonstrated expertise in python, R, C++, SQL, XML, JSON, or similar programming languages
- 3 years expertise post-bachelor’s or a Master’s degree.
- Experience working collaboratively with a team of scientists across multiple institutions.
- Excellent English verbal communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Initial application review begins March 26, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, apply prior to the initial application review date.