Data Networking Student Assistant - 11440BR
Data Networking Student Assistant
1. Staging new network equipment for installation.
2. Maintaining database records documenting data network.
3. Maintaining network monitoring environment.
4. Assisting full-time staff with varied network related tasks and projects.
5. Interacting with Installation Technicians to resolve problems during installation of new equipment.
6. Acting as a resource person for Maintenance Technicians in general network problem resolution.
7. Normal working hours between 8am-5pm and occasional early mornings.
8. Work up to 20 hrs/week when school is in session. Up to 40 hrs/week when class is not is session as well as all summer (while summer school is in session). Flexible time off allowances.
2. Excellent oral, written and telephone skills as evidenced by application materials and possible interview.
3. Enrolled in 6 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters OR enrolled in 1 credit hour in the summer semester OR pre-enrolled in 6 credit hours in the fall semester at The University of Kansas.
2. Programming and scripting experience (e.g. C++, Expect, PERL, Regular Expressions)
3. Knowledge of IP networking.
4. Experience with Network operating systems (Unix, Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, Juniper).
5. Experience with Network applications such as ssh, ftp, tftp, http, snmp
6. Cisco networking hardware experience.
7. Seeking an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
8. Ability to complete assigned work accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Ability to be productive with minimum supervision.
10. Team player.
11. Valid driver’s license.
12. Familiarity with KU campus.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review begins April 2nd, 2018 and is ongoing until position is filled.