Endowed Chair Full Professor - Finance - 20348BR
Endowed Chair Full Professor - Finance
The University of Kansas, School of Business has been educating students and creating business leaders since 1924. In May 2016, the school moved into the $70.5 million, 166,500-square-foot Capitol Federal Hall. The main campus is located in Lawrence, Kansas, 45 minutes west of Kansas City. For information about the University of Kansas, School of Business and living in Lawrence, see http://business.ku.edu/ and https://www.ku.edu/about-lawrence.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education. The successful applicant must have appropriate work authorization prior to the start of employment. For eligible international candidates, KU provides immigration support and sponsorship.
40% Conduct and publish research in a quantity and quality commensurate with the University of Kansas's status as a Carnegie I research university.
20% Perform service for the School, University, and academic profession and interact effectively with students, faculty, and the business community.
- A Ph.D. in finance or a closely related field.
- A record of teaching excellence in Finance.
- A sustained record of excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to Full Professor at a research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Letter of application describing experience and accomplishments,
- Record of productivity in teaching, research and service as noted in CV,
- Sample of research (e.g., publications), and
- Teaching statement and supplemental materials (e.g., teaching portfolio, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations).
- Contact information for three professional references.
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant’s contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU’s mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following question at the time of application:
- Describe your experiences working with people from diverse backgrounds and explain how those experiences reflect your commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Letters of recommendation will be requested from selected applicants as the search process moves beyond the initial screening round. First review of applications will begin on November 15, 2021 and will continue until the position has been filled.