Enterprise Development Manager- Student Systems - 16017BR
Enterprise Development Manager- Student Systems
- Managing on-going maintenance and support of existing systems
- Collecting, understanding, and document business functional requirements
- Planning and supervising activities and resources throughout the development life cycle
- Reviewing the work by the project team to ensure quality of deliverables and that they comply with relevant standards, integration and testing. Builds a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Collaborating and coordinating across IT departments to develop and execute the technology components required to successfully deliver projects.
- Evaluating products, tools, and other resources in support of initiatives and staff efficiency.
- Assist management in prioritizing projects, including new projects and enhancements.
25% - Participates as an active developer and maintains applications independently or as a member of a small team. Reviews work/code generated by the project team to ensure quality of the deliverables and that they meet relevant standards and architecture including building a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
20% - Manages a team of developers who support the Student Information Systems department. Duties include performance agreements and evaluations, hiring procedures, training and necessary tools, approving time records, and disciplinary actions if necessary. Other supervisory responsibilities include:
- Sets goals and objectives for direct reports
- Delegates projects and tasks to team members
- Provides an environment and culture that encourages innovation and productivity
- Emphasizes ongoing development of staff technical and professional skills
15% - Facilitates planning, analysis, and design sessions to develop project plans and estimates. Communicates frequently with the Department Manager and Program Director to facilitate planning and prioritization efforts.
5% - Coordinates system changes adhering to and promoting standard practices and protocols (Change Management).
5% - Other related duties as assigned.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant professional experience or an Associate’s degree and five years of relevant professional experience or a High School Diploma/GED and seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Two years or more of experience in a supervisory and/or progressively responsible management role leading software development projects and staff. Including evaluations, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- One year or more of experience with project management methodology and software development life cycle.
- Two years or more of experience working, communicating and collaborating with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Three years or more of experience using SQL to work with relational databases such as Oracle (preferred), MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, HCM, or Financial.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud applications ICS, MFT, ODI.
- Experience with ETL tools and Data Warehousing.
- Experience creating mobile/device responsive web sites, or mobile-specific application development.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Experience with middleware technologies including application servers, directory servers (LDAP), and authentication/authorization.
- Experience with Web Services such as REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience developing for ADA/Accessibility and application security.
- Experience using a version control system (STAT, Git).
- Linux operating system and command line tools.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Online KU Application
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin Monday, December 2nd, and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates is identified. To ensure consideration please apply no later than Sunday, December 1st, 2019.