Enterprise Project Manager - 17501BR
Enterprise Project Manager
The EPMO performs services for stakeholders across all of KU. This current position is focused toward Information Technology or technology-focused projects. The majority of projects assigned will be in the IT area, however the sponsors could be from any units on the KU campus, and other projects assigned could be from outside of IT, as resourcing requires. A strong understanding of technology concepts, software development lifecycle, and some infrastructure / hardware knowledge is desired.
This position is required to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity, have excellent follow- through and time management skills, manage and lead multiple university strategic projects concurrently, and exhibit great attitude and energy in a team-focused environment.
The Enterprise Project Manager reports directly to the Assistant Director of Project Management and is one of several PMs in the larger Enterprise Project Management Office, which consists of Program Managers, Process Analysts, and Business Analysts. This position is given significant latitude and independence in managing individual projects, and is expected to be collaborative within the EPMO team.
This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures. This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Produce standard project documentation and artifacts from templates
- Develop and track project schedules and Work Breakdown Structures
- Assignment and tracking of tasks, including Communication Plans and Training Plans
- Tracking and managing risks, scope, and issues
- Manage budget and procurement activities as necessary
- Conduct RFPs on selected projects
- Facilitating project meetings and leading the project team
- Reporting progress and status to Project Sponsors
- Reporting progress and status to EPMO Program Managers (as necessary)
- Escalate issues to EPMO leadership when required
Leadership & Communication (10%)
- Share Project Management knowledge with institution and collaborate with other members of EPMO on keeping methodologies, tools, and templates current with best practices.
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
- Attend meetings, serve on committees and perform other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree and five (5) years of relevant Project Management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of relevant Project Management experience
- PMP and/or CAPM certification or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- Three years of experience utilizing Microsoft applications, including Office Suite (Office365), Visio, Project, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Evidence of superior written communication at all levels of the organization in previous positions and evidenced in application materials
- Three or more years working in a large multi-faceted technology environment
- Evidence of situational leadership where effective decision making was a critical component
- Three years experience using PPM Software, such as Changepoint, TeamDynamics, Planview, or ServiceNow
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma or other organizational process improvement methodology
- Strong background or understanding of IT functions and services, including development, infrastructure, cloud-based solutions, security, and service deployment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail- oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
- Experience conducting facilitated sessions with stakeholders and clients.
- Experience with consultants / vendor-lead engagements and RFPs.
- Experience working in higher education, and an understanding of higher education culture (specific knowledge of the University of Kansas is ideal).
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Review of applications will begin Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 and continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.