Executive Associate - Internal Posting for Current KU Employees - 12875BR
Executive Associate - Internal Posting for Current KU Employees
- Provide administrative support to the Dean, including maintaining appointment calendar, scheduling meetings for the Dean, as well as other committees within the School of Pharmacy, and serving as the Dean’s representative to other administrative offices on campus.
- Screen all incoming calls and welcome visitors to the Dean’s Office. Screen, prioritize, compose, and direct verbal contacts and correspondence for the Dean as well as coordinates communication between the Dean’s Office and faculty/staff and constituents inside and outside the School.
- Attend meetings for the Full Faculty, Advisory Council and Directors. Take minutes at Full Faculty meetings.
- Handle communications by email, phone and direct contact from students, faculty, university employees and members of the community to provide satisfactory and helpful answers and solutions.
- Maintain all Dean’s Office files, including personnel files, School of Pharmacy files, and minutes of Full Faculty meetings.
25% - Coordinate activities of the Faculty Exec Committee (FEC) and Dean for the School of Pharmacy faculty, including:
- Assisting the Promotion and Tenure Committee with the collection of materials, completion of forms, and electronic submission of all required materials to the Provost’s Office.
- Coordinate the Promotion Toward Tenure Review process, assisting the School of Pharmacy FEC and Dean with the collection of materials and completion of required forms.
- Coordinate the Post Tenure Review process with the Dean, collecting materials and submitting final reports to the Provost Office.
- Coordinate the General Research Fund (GRF) competition with the FEC and Dean; collecting materials and facilitating completion of the required forms.
- Manage the collection and electronic submission of required documents for faculty sabbatical applications.
- Review by the School of Financial Aid Committee and Dean, of all Doctor of Pharmacy student applications for scholarship funds and graduate student scholarship funds allocated by the Dean’s Office.
- Work with Assistant Dean for Finance to reconcile KUEA accounts.
10% - Inventory and School Resources
- Responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, and inventory of School equipment and furniture.
- Serve as consultant to the Dean in resource allocation and management.
- Other resource related duties as assigned by the Dean.
5% - Coordinate School of Pharmacy programs and events
- Such as Convocation, Advisory Council/Dean’s Club, and Commencement.
- Other School related activities as directed by Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience or High School diploma or GED equivalency and 10 years of office experience.
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials.
- Experience working with diverse groups as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience analyzing complex issues and data, and presenting conclusions and recommendations, as evidenced by the application materials.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership experience in higher education.
- Familiarity with structure, policies, and procedures of the University of Kansas.
- Supervisory experience
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet each of the required and applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
THIS IS AN INTERNAL POSTING. ONLY CURRENT KU EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY.