Fall 2022 Desk Assistant - Student Hourly - POOL - 22550BR
Fall 2022 Desk Assistant - Student Hourly - POOL
As a representative of KU Student Housing, Student Affairs, and the University of Kansas, Student Desk Managers demonstrate a commitment to the Mission, Values, and Inclusion Statement of KU Student Housing.
Building learning-centered communities through individual support and respect.
Our Central Values
We advance KU's mission with:
- Engaging communities.
- Vibrant physical spaces.
- Effective administration.
We proudly commit to preparing our students and staff to thrive in a global community. We seek to understand and affirm all identities we serve to develop a culture where individuals challenge assumptions and engage in open discourse. Through representative staff and equitable policies we will continue to serve the evolving needs of our diverse communities.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, and an appreciation for various identities. Including the ability to show respect for others’ cultures, rights, feelings, and property.
- Positively participate, engage, and contribute within trainings, meetings with supervisor, ongoing departmental communication, and an annual performance evaluation process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal integrity, such as modeling good judgment, ethical behavior, and adherence to laws and policies.
- Each Desk Assistant is subject to possible progressive discipline up to and including termination in the event that they violate any policies, procedures and regulations of Residence Life, and of The University of Kansas, including, but not limited to, the Terms and Conditions of the KU Student Housing Contract, Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities, KU Human Resources policies, and the Student Housing Handbook.
- Ensure a welcoming and approachable reception area for the community.
- Greet residents, staff members, and other guests, answer phone, and assist with questions and concerns.
- Monitor the card access system and security cameras for the resident community.
- Ensure access by residents, approved staff members, and accompanied guests only.
- Be familiar with and enforce policies and procedures of the University of Kansas and KU Student Housing.
- Document incidents occurring during working hours and submit incident reports through the designated online incident reporting system.
- Communicate with other Residence Life staff members when appropriate and/or in accordance with reporting structure.
- Perform administrative tasks related to hall occupancy including issuing keys, check-ins/check-outs, lockouts, equipment check-outs, providing mail and packages, and scheduling room reservations.
- Serve as the information hub for the building by sharing information and answering questions.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing communication.
- Perform additional duties and special assignments as directed.
- Attend all scheduled departmental, staff, and training programs as directed by your supervisor.
- Participate in an annual position evaluation.
- Availability to work an average 8 hours per week, including morning shifts and weekend shifts, as well as during the final exam schedule.
- Availability to work shifts during University breaks (approximately one half of break days).
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment for employment (6 credit hours).
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software and applications
- Experience with KU Student Housing, with priority given to current KU Student Housing residents and staff.
- Work experience including customer service and administrative duties.
- Experience managing work tasks in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Proficiency in following directions, and communication as demonstrated by application materials and interview process.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Deadline: Friday, September 9th, 2022 (11:59PM)
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Average 8 hours per week, including morning shifts and weekend shifts, as well as during the final exam schedule.