General Maint Repair Tech Sr - 13184BR
General Maint Repair Tech Sr
Provides multiple skilled trades duties in support of KLETC program facilities comprised of two residential dorms; cafeteria; classroom/gym building; multipurpose auditorium; instructor office building administration and training building; simulator training facilities; training house; firearms range and training facilities; woodworking shop; vehicle shop; 30 vehicle fleet; and approximately 173 acres of grounds.
Work assignments are performed with general instructions and reviewed on completion. Considerable latitude is given for completion of assignments within applicable code and industry standards.
15% Performs rough and finish carpentry and sheet rock to include installation, removal and replacement of walls, floor partitions, ceilings and finish cabinetry for KLETC facilities.
15% Maintains and repairs sewer, water, natural gas and boiler piping, coupling, pumps, valves and fittings within KLETC facilities.
10% Assists in general grounds keeping and landscaping management to include mowing, trimming, fertilizing and snow removal.
10% Assists in maintenance of motorized equipment.
5% Other general maintenance and support duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency.
- Two years of experience in 2 or more mechanical or building trades.
- Certificate of completion from a vocational school or an associate’s degree in mechanical or building trades may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license.
- HVAC, plumbing or electrical experience.
- Computer experience with MS Office and Internet applications.
Additional Candidate Instructions
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
First review of applications is Monday, November 19th, 2018 and will continue until a qualified group is assembled.