General Maintenance Repair Tec - HVAC - 20946BR
General Maintenance Repair Tec - HVAC
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career look no farther than the University of Kansas. In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities. KU is a great place to work!
Work Schedule - 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday to Friday with overtime and after hours call back as needed. Facilities also offers a four-day 10-hour work week option Monday-Thursday or Tuesday to Friday.
40% - Responds to emergency calls involving loss of utilities or equipment failure. Reset equipment and assists with repairs on HVAC equipment. Repairs are performed as time and expertise permits. May assist other central shop staff with more complex repairs.
5% - Other Related Work as Assigned: Maintains an adequate supply of tools, parts, and supplies for
jobs. Responds to after-hours emergency calls as needed. Assists with other maintenance areas and in
other work areas as assigned. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment.
5% - Performs other related work as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs.) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures – both hot and cold, inside, and outdoors. Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Work planned, and unplanned overtime as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and maintain that license throughout employment.
- Must digitally enter work order information and perform other electronic communications as required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and throughout the term of employment.
- Two years of experience in a skilled craft area. Associate degree or vocational school certification may be substituted for one year of the required.
- One year of commercial HVAC preventive maintenance experience.
- One year of commercial plumbing experience.
- Six months commercial electrical maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, tools, equipment, and materials associated with a variety of skilled crafts and building trades.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of skilled crafts and building trades.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret blueprints, electrical or plumbing schematics.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.