General Maintenance Worker - HVAC - 21685BR
General Maintenance Worker - HVAC
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
25% - General Maintenance and Repair: Performs a wide variety of assigned maintenance and repair tasks such as replacing ceiling and floor tiles, patching holes in walls and repainting, replacing leaking plumbing parts and fixtures such as faucet washers, lavatories, remounting mirrors, towel dispensers, and other restroom fixtures. Performs lubrication, cleaning inspections, changes of belts and filters in HVAC and exhaust equipment. Replaces, or repairs lights, switches, receptacles, and other electrical equipment. Works alone or with other technicians under general supervision by more skilled tradespersons.
20% - Equipment Records and Inventories: Inventories new or added equipment to appropriate lists. Corrects and/or updates equipment information to maintain accurate listings for assigned area.
10% - Emergency Calls: Responds to emergency calls involving loss of utilities and/or equipment failure. Resets breakers, rigs emergency power cables, helps repair leaks in water or steam lines, repairs elevators, air conditioners, etc. Repairs are performed as time and expertise permits. More complex repairs are performed under the direct supervision of more skilled tradespersons. Performs any related work assigned by supervisor.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures - both hot and cold inside and outdoors.
- Work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold inside and outdoors.
- Report to work during declared period s of inclement weather.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must digitally enter work order information and perform other electronic communications as required.
- Six months of experience in building, grounds or mechanical trades. Associate's Degree or vocational school certificate may be substituted for experience.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have a valid driver's license by the time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- Professional plumbing experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Professional HVAC experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Professional electrical experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Experience working in a university or college environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.