General Maintenance Worker-PM - 11747BR
General Maintenance Worker-PM
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
40% - Equipment Inspection: Follows a daily inspection route through and assigned area. Notes any conditions needing attention and/or performs minor repairs to correct problems such as damage to paint or walls, damaged ceiling or floor tiles, leaking water or gas pipes and fixtures, malfunctioning HVAC equipment, burned out lights, etc. Reports findings and any repair work done to supervisor. Performs monthly testing of life safety equipment, emergency generators, stand- alone lighting invertors, and other smaller power sources. Performs any related work assigned by supervisor.
20% - Equipment Records and Inventories: Inventories new or added equipment to appropriate lists. Corrects and/or updates equipment information to maintain accurate listings for assigned area.
10% - Emergency Calls: Responds to emergency calls involving loss of utilities and/or equipment failure. Resets breakers, rigs emergency power cables, helps repair leaks in water or steam lines, repairs elevators, air conditioners, etc. Repairs are performed as time and expertise permits. More complex repairs are performed under the direct supervision of more skilled tradespersons. Performs any related work assigned by supervisor.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Six months of experience in building, grounds or mechanical trades.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold inside and outdoors.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Professional plumbing experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Professional HVAC experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Professional electrical experience in large institutional or residential commercial buildings.
- Experience working in a university or college environment.