Graduate Assistant-Hourly - 13168BR
- Meet individually with students for appointments and walk-in hours.
- Lead career related workshops / group presentations, primarily for undergraduate students.
- Provide career advising and assistance with career development / exploration.
- Provide assistance on job / internship search skills (such as resume writing, cover letter, mock interviews) as well as the graduate school application process.
- Assist with career related events, student / employer networking programs, and outreach.
- Collaborate on or create career related content for print, digital/social media, and other avenues.
- Team with staff to compile data and prepare career related reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during both the fall and spring semester of the GA appointment (unless meet GA exception guidelines - http://policy.ku.edu/graduate-studies/GA-appointment-eligibility)
3. Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in the application materials.
2. Self-directed and motivated to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to interact on a professional level at all times.
5. Completion of initial counseling psychology & career development coursework is a plus.
6. Strong interest in career and student development.