Grant Specialist - 17862BR
Due to COVID restrictions, this position will begin teleworking and may transition to on-site work when deemed safe and necessary.
- Audits transactions (FITC invoices, Concur Travel documents & P-Card reports) for assigned unit following OMB Uniform Guidance, for financial compliance, sponsored project compliance, and consistency according to federal, state and university regulations.
- Act as liaison between department PI representative and KUCR to communicate and resolve any issues that arise concerning expenditures
15% Funding Management:
- Processes funding changes for all assigned units and PI(s). This includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying the appropriate workflow for submission for all types of funding changes.
- Updates funding for pool-funded and non-pool funded positions within the University HR ERP.
- Submits appropriate forms to update funding for both pool-funded and nonpool funded positions through the Retro-Active Funding Adjustment (RFA) process.
- Submits and/or processes each funding change transaction type with a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for managing workload to ensure payroll deadline are consistently met.
10% - Other SSC Responsibilities
- Works with the SSC Manager to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans for improving and or providing those support services that enhance the operations of the SSC and the units served.
- Participates in meetings and events with the unit to maintain knowledge of the unit and relationship with the staff.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude in all interactions.
- Reviews and recommends changes to department and SSC procedures to ensure compliance with policy; prepares and updates procedural manuals and related instructional materials.
- Serves as a resource to department staff and PI representative to ensure compliance with policy
- Attends regular meetings, training sessions and professional development workshops/seminars to keep current on policies and procedures relevant to position responsibilities as requested.
5% 3G Appointments
- Audit all 3G appointments for assigned area (appointment and tuition) in Perceptive Content for allowability, allocability and reasonableness on the project, and for compliance with KU policy.
- Responsible for managing workload to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Bachelor's degree OR high school degree/GED and two years of related experience.
- Computer skills in a PC/Windows environment including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Experience in a university research environment.
- General knowledge of applicable federal, state and other sponsored regulations related to sponsored projects, including OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Experience using a financial ERP, such as PS Grants.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff and students in a higher education environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins Wednesday, September 23, 2020 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants is identified. For first consideration, apply no later than Tuesday, September 22, 2020.