How to Apply
Tips for the Applicant
Utilize various PeopleSoft navigation hyperlinks:
- Use the “Next” and “Previous Page” links within PeopleSoft.
- You must “Submit” your application at the end in order to be attached to the selected job opening.
- The “Save” button will only save your application for later use. It will not attach your application to a job opening.
- Never use the “back” and “forward” button on the browser to navigate.
Search For Jobs
- Scroll down to view all open positions at the University of Kansas on the Careers Home page. To search by keywords in job description:
- Enter the Keywords in the text box.
- Click the “Search” button.
- Use the Advance Search link for additional search functionality.
Completing Your Application
- Carefully read the descriptions of the positions in which you are interested and apply only for those jobs for which you meet the requirements.
- Make sure your application gives complete, up-to-date information about your education, past employment and contact information including e-mail.
- If the salary range for a position is listed in the posting, make sure that it meets your own salary requirements.
- If you do not have an e-mail address, please create one so you can receive updates on your application’s progress.
- It is advised to “Upload” your resume instead of using the cut and paste options.
- Attachments should be in Word document (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) format.
- We recommend that you include your cover letter and/or references with your resume as one document when applying for a job. (See below if you will be attaching your cover letter as a separate document.)
- Make sure attachment is virus free.
Cover Letter Attachments
- Please include the Job ID Number in the name of the Cover Letter file if you did not combine your cover letter with your resume.
- Go to “My Career Tools” on the Careers Home page and upload the cover letter under the link “Cover Letters and Attachments.”
- Other types of attachments that may be included are teaching statements, research statements, writing samples, licenses/certifications, and/or transcripts.
- The hiring manager/search committee reviews all applications.
- The time frame for interviews varies between departments. If you are invited for an interview, a representative from the hiring department will contact you to set up an interview time.
- Candidates will learn of his/her final status from the hiring department once interviews are completed. Due to high volume of applicants for each position, not all applicants will receive notification.
- If you are offered a new position, a Job Offer will be posted on your Careers Home Page for your acceptance. You will receive notification of your offer via an email.
- If you have questions concerning your application or your status after an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at the respective campus where you applied. The phone numbers are as follows for each campus:
- KU-Lawrence: (785) 864-4946
- KU Medical Center: (913) 588-5086
- KU Wichita Campus: (316) 293-2615
Leaving The Careers Home Page
Please click the “Sign out” on the top right of the web page to close this session of your Careers Home page.
- Computers are available for application submission at the Department of Human Resources at the following campus locations:
- KU-Lawrence: 103 Carruth-O’Leary Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045.
- KU Medical Center: 1052 Murphy Pavilion, Kansas City, KS 66160
- KU Wichita Campus: 1010 N. Kansas, Wichita, KS 67214
- If you have any problems viewing our job postings or using the online application, please contact the Human Resources Department at your respective campus. Phone numbers and email addresses for each campus are as follows:
- For Technical Support at your respective campus is as follows:
- KU-Lawrence: (785) 864-8080 or email@example.com
- KU Medical Center: (913) 588-1121 or (913) 588-7995
- KU Wichita Campus: (913) 588-1121 or (913) 588-7995