How to Apply
Searching for Job Openings
Open positions are available online for prospective applicants to search and apply 24/7 at your desktop or mobile device by accessing the Employment.ku.edu web page. Job listings are posted in real time and are made available to applicants at the time in which they are opened. Enhance the search experience by utilizing the following tips:
- Narrow search demographics by selecting the job category you are interested in (i.e., Faculty, Staff, or Student Jobs).
- Use key words to identify specific positions
- Filter or Sort by Temporary or Regular (Benefits Eligible) positions
- Filter or Sort by Posting Date to see the newest postings
- Note that any posting denoted as a “Pool” accepts applications on ongoing basis and positions are filled as needed.
*Kiosks are available at the Office of Human Resource Management for anyone interested in searching and applying for job openings.
If you don’t find the perfect position opening, interested applicants can create a profile within the Applicant system without applying for a specific position. Your search history and preferences will be saved for you to access at another time.
Helpful Application Tips
- Only candidates meeting Required Qualifications as identified in the position opening will be advanced for further screening.
- Develop a cover letter which identifies how you meet required and preferred qualifications as listed.
- Ensure that your candidate profile information is up-to-date and correct.
- Review the application instructions closely to ensure everything requested is attached.
- If the salary range for a position opening is identified, confirm that it meets your personal salary requirements.
- If you do not have an email address, you will be required to create one so you can have a valid profile and receive updates on your application’s process.
Virtual Interview Tips & Tours
- Human Resource Management has developed a tip sheet
- Take a virtual tour of the Lawrence campus
- Take a virtual tour of the Lawrence & Campus community
Human Resource Management Recruitment Office
A representative from our recruitment team is available to answer any questions, assist with an accommodation request during the application or interview process, and help with any application issues you may have experienced. Information about the status of your application can be viewed by logging into your applicant profile at any time.
Human Resource Management
1246 W. Campus Road, Room 101
Carruth O’Leary Hall
Lawrence, KS 66045
785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (excluding observed holidays)