Intramural Basketball Official - Student Hourly - 12968BR
Intramural Basketball Official - Student Hourly
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
No prior officiating experience is needed. All training will be provided by KSHSAA certified student officials prior to beginning work.
Participation in Intramural Sports by officials is encouraged!
A wide variety of skills are developed by Intramural Sports Officials which include, but are not limited to:
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
The duties of an Intramural Sports Official include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurate documentation of hours worked
- Pre-game court set up
- Pre-game captain's meeting administration
- Unbiased administration of rules decisions based on training for that particular sport
- Verification of final score of all games worked with a signature on each completed score sheet
- Assigning an appropriate Sportsmanship Rating to each team following each contest
- Assisting other officials / supervisors in any matters concerning Intramural Sports
- Minor court maintenance
- Status as an enrolled student with at least 6 hours at The University of Kansas.
- Work history that required being moderately physically active for hours at a time (maximum of four hours at a time) as shown on application material.
- Current NFHS Concussion In Sports Certification or willingness to obtain within the first month of employment.
- Previous officiating or sports participation experience.
- A willingness to learn and have fun.
- A passion for sports.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A professional and cooperative demeanor.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Qualified applicants must have:
- Availability to work on Sundays as evidenced in application material.
- Availability to be present and engaged at the Intramural Basketball Officials Training on:
- Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 5:00p
- Sunday, November 11 at 5:30p
- Tuesday, November 13 at 6:00p