IT Associate Director- Data Center Infrastructure, Operation & Support - 12317BR
IT Associate Director- Data Center Infrastructure, Operation & Support
- Direct and coordinate day-to-day planning, design, installation and maintenance of the data center facilities and IT systems consistent with customer needs, organization objectives and technological resources.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning for data center facilities and IT systems.
- Interface with IT Leadership and other campus entities to prioritize and coordinate data center facilities and IT systems plans with the University's business plan.
- Strategize to ensure capacity and services meet current and future business requirements.
- Direct development of project plans for implementation of new data center facilities, IT systems, and supporting technologies.
- Coordinate with vendors involved in providing service or contract work related to data center facilities and IT systems as appropriate.
- Oversee development of data center facility and IT system standards.
- Lead in the development and management of the University's data center facilities and IT systems and provide the most efficient support for current operations and future information technology needs.
- Attend meetings with entities on campus to provide expertise in the understanding, planning, design, and implementation of data center facilities and IT systems.
30%- Management of enterprise platforms, enterprise systems and data center operations (NOC, Facilities Management) teams: Oversees the day-to-day activities for the groups, providing direction for:
- Managing staff, which would include conducting performance appraisals, setting performance goals and benchmarking, coaching and mentoring staff professional development.
- Preparing the annual budget and monitoring income and expenditures for assigned projects, thus ensuring fiscal expenditures do not exceed income for the unit.
- Monitoring of the unit's workload, and preparing productivity reports.
- Training staff or make training available within the units as needed.
- Other more general managerial responsibilities include:
b. Delegating appropriately to staff and team leads
c. Providing assistance and support
d. Providing a climate for motivation
e. Creating a supportive working relationship
f. Emphasizing continuing development
6. Providing opportunities for future growth and advancement
- Serves on multiple committees to plan projects, discuss resource planning and allocation, task delegation to accomplish project goals and objectives, ensuring timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of ongoing status and evaluation reports.
- Actively participating in profession al telecommunications organizations as a member of standards and code committees, or an officer at national or regional levels.
- Keeping current with technological trends in the networking and telecommunications industries and sharing this knowledge via white papers, articles, and presentations.
- Collaborating with manufactures' marketing and engineering staff to develop new products, or to enhance existing products to improve the installation or maintenance of an installed structural cabling system.
The Associate Director is responsible for complying with departmental policy relating to security. This includes key security, vehicle security, controlling access to secure areas and data security. In addition, the Associate Director:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of relevant experience with enterprise systems.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience and/or progressively responsible management role.
- Management or senior team lead experience in IT operations and support.
- Experience in technical process development
- Experience with network monitoring systems.
- Professional certification and/or instructor led training in IT Service Management (ITIL)
- Professional certification and/or instructor led training in servers, storage or virtualization (VMWare VCP/VCIE, MS MSCE, Red Hat RHCE, etc.)
- Professional certification and/or instructor led training in cloud operations (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Professional certification and/or instructor led training in Network systems design (e.g. CCNA).
- Professional experience with IT business service management (SLA management, metrics, asset management, etc.)
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Thursday, July 19th, 2018.