IT Educational Technologist - 13144BR
IT Educational Technologist
- Provide support of Blackboard and Blackboard integrated products to faculty, staff and students through educational workshops, by phone, and in person with deskside coaching.
- Provide input and participate in project meetings related to Blackboard.
- Develop support documentation, communications, and announcements as needed.
- Research and pilot new technologies and tools that would benefit teaching and learning at KU.
- Collaborate with peer universities to compare and learn new techniques.
- Analyze and evaluate the usefulness of these new educational technologies to propose solutions.
- Develop and maintain extensions to the academic technologies by leveraging REST frameworks and script development to gather data as needed for various projects.
- Recommend user experience enhancements for the Math department’s websites and applications.
- Work to verify, document, report and resolve incidents and problems. Tracks, tests, and reports resolution.
- Partner effectively with clients, other developers, and members of the university community to understand and contribute to project needs.
- Independently initiate effective communication with peers, other campus service providers/data sources, vendors and management to assure timely well-documented results.
- Consult with the designated IT and campus unit staff, created project plans and carries out prioritized projects related to ongoing support and service delivery, coordinating with other staff as needed.
- Participates in IT Service management including incident and problem resolution.
- Meets regular with IT and campus unit service teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security polies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to provision and de-provision user accounts and access in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Bachelors degree OR Associate Degree and two years of experience OR High School Diploma with four years of related professional work experience.
- 2 years of experience working with and supporting users of educational technology tools.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience working in a team environment as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS). Blackboard preferred.
- Experience with REST API frameworks
- Experience with data processing and reporting
- Experience using a version control system (Git preferred)
- Experience with a relational database such as MYSQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Experience developing end-user technical documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Sunday November 18th, 2018.