IT Support Technician- School of Business & Law - 11883BR
IT Support Technician- School of Business & Law
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to manage, provision, and deprovision IT assets in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
40%- Provide first contact basic technical support to faculty, staff, students and non-academic groups via phone, email, chat or in person with excellent customer satisfaction.
This support will include:
- Support of AV and computer equipment utilized by School of Business and School of Law programs in classrooms, labs, offices and meeting areas throughout the School of Business.
- Creating/updating trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow.
- Identification as to whether the technical issues encountered can be quickly resolved or need escalation to higher-level technical support staff.
- Support, install and upgrade new and existing computer equipment including imaging.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for labs, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Tests to isolate the source of issues.
- Preparation of classrooms and meeting spaces prior to use to ensure requested technology is available and working when requested.
- Confirming customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products. Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles.
10%- Perform other duties or special projects as requested/assigned.
- High School Diploma/ GED and two years of relevant experience.
- Two years’ experience providing customer service in an academic or corporate environment.
- Two years’ experience supporting computer hardware and software in an academic or corporate environment.
- One year experience providing audio/visual presentation equipment support.
- Good written communication skill as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and resolution/ownership of problems.
- Associate’s degree, technical college certificate, or higher degree.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Experience with imaging software.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center & Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN principles and protocols.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday May 22nd, 2018.