IT Support Technician Senior - 11952BR
IT Support Technician Senior
Assists in performing installation, maintenance, and repair of classroom and research computing workstation labs, including workstations attached to lab instruments. Manage research lab workstations in close concert with faculty specifications. Monitors, troubleshoots, and tests IT systems under the direct supervision of IT supervisors. This position will require lifting up to 50 pounds, and possession of a valid driver’s license.
20%- Effectively consult with researchers / faculty and staff about computer system issues, such as: requirement analysis, computer hardware/software/network system specifications, maintenance, development, support, and cost.
20%- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
10-%- Provide quotes for new equipment procurement, and consult on equipment written in to grants. Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products.
10%- Meet customer requirements through first contact resolutions with excellent customer satisfaction. Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
Create and document trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow. Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles. Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of software and hardware that are unique to the Technical Support Service area.
5%- Support, install and upgrade new computer equipment including imaging of new computers.
5%- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and three years of relevant experience.
- Two years of experience with Mac OS systems, and Unix/Linux Operating Systems in IP based computer networks,
- Two years of experience providing customer service in an academic or corporate environment.
- One year of experience with running Mac OS or Linux in an academic or corporate environment.
- Good communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to manage, provision, and deprovision IT assets in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PhD, or other post-Undergraduate degree in a related academic field.
- Experience in Mathematics, Geology, Economics, Geography, or Atmospheric Science Labs with research workstations and instrumentation computers.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with Imaging Software.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center & Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Experience with Ansible Automation.
- Experience with JAMF Pro.
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN principles and protocols.
- Experience with a Ticketing System.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Experience with automated patch systems.
- Experience with automated systems deployment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is May 29th, 2018