IT Support Technician Senior - 17848BR
IT Support Technician Senior
In this position you will be responsible for planning, support and management of all IT Data Center spaces and IT critical infrastructure. Duties include working with the Datacenter Facilities management team to plan the best utilization of datacenter space, identifying future datacenter resource needs, in addition to cabling/equipment installations and decommissioning. You will also be responsible for management of access control and security cameras for KUIT spaces. Management of all aspects of IT critical infrastructure, including but not limited to structural integrity of the facilities as well as the electrical and environmental control systems, which makeup the foundation on which KUITs systems and services depend.
This position will be a hybrid of on-site work and telework as deemed by supervisor.
40%-Maintains and documents all physical plant systems, generator systems, UPS systems, security systems and monitoring systems that support the central and remote machine spaces.
10%-Ensures that all documentation is completed and updated regularly for infrastructure support systems and security systems, following style template. Develops and maintains all documentation and databases required to track IT infrastructure. Researches, develops, implements and maintains policy/procedures for new IT infrastructure and physical plant systems. Ensures that all new or updated procedures are communicated to Data Center IT staff.
10%-Works with IT Security Office (ITSO) and the Network Operations Center (NOC) to enforce and comply with all IT security requirements, policies and procedures. Performs security system maintenance and produces access reports as needed. Maintains Access Control security system and access codes for all IT spaces.. Works with the NOC staff to monitor the IT space and provides backup configuration and troubleshooting as needed. Activates and deactivates security badges as needed. Assists in the implementation of new hardware, software, policies and procedures relating to CCTV security cameras, physical plant monitoring and access control. Trouble shoots and analyzes system issues and works with Facilities Management Specialist and vendors to find and implement solutions.
5%-Provides, as appropriate, after hours support to assist the Network Operations Center in handling facility and security issues during emergency and disaster recovery situations. Provides support for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Two year's work experience in any combination of the following areas:
- Management of HVAC systems supporting hot aisle/cold aisle data center layouts
- Data center power management including backup generators, large scale UPS, cabinet level UPS and cabinet level power distribution.
- Data center cable and switch management of data center floor network.
- Installation of server components and server rack mounting methods.
- Data center floor space layout and inventory management.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment to a height of 4 feet with or without accommodation.
- Position will require on-site work and telework as determined by supervisor.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Experience planning large scale Data Center Upgrades and managing contractors.
- Experience developing complex Method of Procedures documents.
- Experience with writing RFIs, RFQs and RFPs.
- Experience with large scale electrical and HVAC systems in Data Centers.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin September 21, 2020 and continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.