IT Support Technician - 22610BR
IT Support Technician
KU is not able to provide H-1B sponsorship for this position.
- Support of computer equipment utilized by campus stakeholders in classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting spaces.
- As required, general support of AV systems utilized by the TSC in a mix of classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting spaces.
- Creating/updating trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow.
- Identification as to whether the technical issues encountered can be quickly resolved or need escalation to higher-level technical support staff.
- Support, install and upgrade new and existing computer equipment including imaging.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for labs, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Tests to isolate the source of issues.
- Preparation of spaces prior to use to ensure requested technology is available and working when requested for classes, meetings, or events.
- Confirming customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products. Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Provide quotes for new equipment procurement.
- Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products.
- Support, install and upgrade equipment, including imaging of new computers.
- Create and document trouble tickets as required by the workflow.
- Create and update TSC procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of software and hardware that are unique to the support area.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience. (Experience can be via work history and/or class work or projects.)
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- One year of employment experience supporting Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems.
- Experience providing technical support and excellent customer service in an academic environment to a diverse campus population.
- Experience providing general audio-visual systems support.
- Experience with imaging software.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM, now known as MECM).
- Experience with enterprise-level Apple product management software (JAMF).
- Experience with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Associate degree, technical college certificate, or higher degree in a technology-related field.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review begins Thursday, July 14th, 2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.