Jayhawk Debate Institute Resident Advisor/Resident Assistant - POOL - 11370BR
Jayhawk Debate Institute Resident Advisor/Resident Assistant - POOL
Resident Advisor (Full or Part Time Positions)
- Resident Advisor: Full time, 40 hours/week with the possibility of overtime between June 24 - July 14, 2018
- Resident Advisor: Part time, approximately 20 hours/week between June 24 - July 14, 2018 (3-week Jayhawk Debate Institute)
- Resident Advisor: Part time, approximately 20 hours/week between June 24 - July 7, 2018 (2-week Jayhawk Debate Institute)
75% - Resident Advisor
- Oversee the Resident Assistants in the evenings in the dorms for the duration of the JDI.
- Manage the schedule for assistants ensuring they work their floors each evening and that nightly room check is performed.
- Supervise campers in the dorms during the evenings, report to the camp director any problems that arise with campers as needed.
- Assist in the camp office during the day (3 times a week) answering the phone, helping with any camp(er) needs that arise during the day.
- Judge debates during the camp tournament(s) at the end of the 2nd and 3rd week of the camp during the afternoon rounds.
- Participate in all camp activities.
2-week camp: June 24 - July 7, 2018
3-week camp: June 24 - July 14, 2018
- Must be able to listen to and follow directions
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to act as an authority figure and give directions to a small group of employees
- Must be an active competitor in the NDT/CEDA policy debate community
- Previous leadership experience as evidenced in application material or prior work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Past experience working at a debate camp.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins on May 4, 2018 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. Please apply by the review date for first consideration.