KU Fit Program Manager-Student Hourly - 11386BR
KU Fit Program Manager-Student Hourly
KU Fit Instructor Program Manager for Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
- Record daily participation attendance.
- Development and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain documents related to daily operations (participation sheets, timesheets, etc).
- Assist with the purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizing University communication devices- radio.
- KU Fit equipment inventory and upkeep.
- General program trouble shooting.
- Risk and first aid management.
- Input Fitness schedules into scheduling system (including CRT and KU Fit).
- Substitute for KU Fit classes when necessary and available.
- Developing new program ideas.
- Coordinate updates to KU Fit website.
- Planning and assisting in implementation of special events.
- Communicate with third parties to organize private group fitness classes.
- Coordinate marketing/apparel projects.
- Assist with teaching ACE Group Fitness Instructor class.
- Update and organize binder contents and information.
- Schedule/lead choreography class practices.
- Assist with planning and implementing certification workshops and/or education workshops.
- Supervising KU Fit staff.
- Hiring and training new fitness instructors.
- KU FIT class and personnel scheduling.
- Evaluating fitness instructors.
- Facilitate and/or conduct in-person, video, and participant evaluations.
- Coordination and facilitation of staff meetings & staff training.
- Assist Fitness/Wellness Coordinator with various projects.
- Marketing requests.
- Brainstorming and ideas.
- Assist with developing and leading meetings.
- Communication between instructors and Fitness/Wellness coordinator.
- Finding continuing education workshops and upcoming certification trainings.
- Must be enrolled at KU- 6 hours during fall/spring. Not required for summer as long as individual was student in the spring or will be in the fall.
- Possess current CPR/AED certification, or willing to obtain within 4 weeks of employment.
- Either completion of ACE Group Exercise Instructor Course taught through KU Recreation Services and Professional fitness certification will be required 6- Months from hire date. Or Nationally recognized organizations such as ACE, AFAA, ACSM, Yoga Fit etc. accepted.
1. Extensive knowledge of health, fitness, classes including but not limited to:
- Mind Body Classes (Yoga and Pilates)
- Circuit training
2. Six months experience as KU Fit Instructor.
3. Must also have working knowledge of fitness.
4. Be computer literate.
5. Have knowledge of stereo/electronic equipment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Online application, cover letter, resume, 3 professional references
- Current CPR/AED certification or willingness to obtain.
- 10 hours per week.
- Available to work two office hours per day Monday-Friday.
- Available to work on weekends when needed.
- KU Fit Instructors are required to maintain certifications while employed at ASRFC.
- Instructors are required to attend mandatory in house continuing education that is provided by ASRFC.