KU Recycling Technician - 22609BR
KU Recycling Technician
Because equity is one of the three foundational pillars of sustainability, the KU Center for Sustainability strives to include equity and social justice in all employees’ day-to-day work. The role of the Recycling Technician in this regard is to:
- Demonstrate an effort to understand the individual and collective role in creating inclusive environments and participate in DEI professional development opportunities to enhance that role
- Promote an institutional culture that values and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion as central to sustainability initiatives
30% - Recycling Processing – Ensure recycling is processed in a timely manner at the KU Recycling Warehouse, including unloading mixed recycling into compactor and operating commercial baler.
10% - Customer Service – Provide remarkable customer service to various departments across campus through interactions during recycling collections. Monitoring emails and service requests.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Perform heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must have and maintain a Driver’s License throughout employment
- Experience operating any of the following equipment: 1.5-ton box truck, forklift, and/or a commercial baling equipment.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with KU facilities, services, and processes.
- Commitment to recycling and environmental sustainability.
- Experience providing customer service, organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience working in a warehouse environment or materials handling.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review will begin Monday, July 11th, 2022 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.