Landscape Worker Senior - 11380BR
Landscape Worker Senior
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
30% - Equipment Operation: Operates small to medium sized equipment such as snow blowers, tractors, trucks, and other equipment used in landscape operations and snow removal.
5% - Coordinates work with Landscape Technicians and other crew members and keeps supervisor informed about work in progress. Performs equipment maintenance on sprayer units, irrigation systems and other horticultural equipment. Performs other related work as assigned.
5% - Performs other related work as assigned.
- High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency.
- One (1) year of experience in landscape and/or horticultural work.
- Ability to obtain Kansas Pesticide license and certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- Valid CDL (class B Commercial Driver’s License) or the ability to obtain a valid CDL within 6 months of employment
This CDL position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing under the authority of the State of Kansas Alcohol and Controlled Substance Program. The selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-duty Non-DOT drug test as a condition of employment in this position. Individuals employed in a position requiring a CDL can be selected for random testing during their employment.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold inside and outdoors.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques and tools used in the planting and care of trees, shrubs, grasses and plants.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of working with power tools and equipment in the nursery and landscape trade.
- Ability to propagate plants and control plant diseases and insects.
- Valid CDL at time of hire.
- Possession of Kansas Pesticide license at the time of hire.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete the online application at http://employment.ku.edu/staff/11380BR, include a resume/cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications including the names and contact information to three references.