Landscape Worker - 17878BR
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career look no farther than the University of Kansas. KU offers great benefits to employees with paid vacation & sick leave, paid holidays, retirement program, medical & dental insurance as well as life insurance. KU also offers educational opportunities for employees.
KU is a great place to work!
Schedule: Monday to Friday 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
30% - General: Plants flower-beds. Rakes leaves. Rakes grass, removes weeds from flower-beds, and other building approaches. Hand waters areas such as flower-beds. Pick-up trash. Applies chemical fertilizers and pest controls to flower-beds, shrubs and tree plantings. Digs holes, moves loads and otherwise assists in the planting of trees and shrubs. Prunes trees and shrubs. Loads and transports plants, trees and shrubs to installation sites using trucks, tractors and other equipment. Operates leaf vacuums. Operates snow blowers. Grades and levels planting sites using hand and power tools, and tractors. Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, steps and stairs and ramp approaches to buildings. Performs detailed weed and trash cleaning and plant maintenance of specific areas on a routine or as assigned basis.
10% - Related: completes necessary paper work and record keeping. Informs supervisor of status of work projects. Adjusts ventilation on plants. Weeds, cleans, prunes plant materials and otherwise maintains tree/shrub/plant nursery. Performs minor equipment maintenance projects as assigned.
5% - Performs other work as assigned.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and throughout the term of employment.
1. Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads
occasionally (50 lbs) with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold - typically outdoors.
3. Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as necessary.
4. Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
2. Working knowledge of standard equipment used in landscape and grounds maintenance.
3. Experience maintaining small motor equipment.
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
5. Knowledge of safety procedures while working around mechanized construction and maintenance equipment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin September 21, 2020 and continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.